Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Week 4- PhotoShop Learning Expirience






Okay so although I took on this assignment this summer and I was not yet enrolled in Photography 101, I thought it would make an interesting addition to my blog and showcase a lot of the skills I have accumulated over the past couple of years. The above photos are of aspiring model Jenna Allard, a St. Basils graduate. I was not the photographer in the creative team it took to pull them off, I was the photoshop artist. This meant that I would take the finished, raw photography and edit it into a poster for Glow, a night club down town. My job was to make a clear advertisement and make the model look good. Included in the photos displayed, there is the raw photo I was given, 2 mirror image shots of the same photo with completely different looks, and the finished poster. Below is an entirely different photo, from the same photoshoot, before and after I was done. I boosted the contrast, saturated the lips and adjusted the levels. I also added more green and blue in the colour variations and croped the photo. I learned a lot about meeting client demands and target audiences from this task. I also got to expiriment a lot with different "moods" in images. Colour, angle, hue, etc all play a huge role in the impression that the viewer takes away from the work of art. Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment