Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Week 3- Emily's Portraits



During week 3 of commtech this year, I was intrigued by practicing portraiture. I wanted to experiment in the school's studio with one of my close friends, Emily Mountford. I changed the back drop in order to contrast her big blue eyes and make them pop. My goal with this shoot was to showcase her beauty in a different way than I have done other times. I like these photos because they are very expressive. After an hour in the studio, I took the photos into photoshop elements and toyed around with saturation, distorion and colour. I adjusted the levels, contast and colour variations in each picture to convey a different feeling. In each picture progressing from the top, the satursation is lowered, and in my opinion, it creates a different feeling in the viewer, or a different mood. Please leave constructive critism , I am always looking to improve and for new ideas. I think next I will tackle Themed Photography. I want to develope an intense story for the viewer through a few dramatic photographs. I learned this week that using the studio to your advantage can make great things happen, and experimentation leads to success!

No comments:

Post a Comment