Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Week 7- Carlie Culina (Backdrop Challenge)




This week I photographed Carlie Culina in the studio. She has very blonde hair and bright blue eyes so my challenge was keeping her vibrant hair from blending into the background. This meant making sure the photo was not over exposed as it would make her hair turn white. Mr. Wrigley helped me with the camera settings and I photographed Carlie with 2 different coloured tops on, with both the white backdrop and the blue sponged backdrop. I found that while it was more difficult to use the white backdrop, nice photos were still more than accomplished. The blue backdrop was very flattering for this blonde, just because it enhanced the look of her big blue eyes. She was very easy to photograph as she has a very soft look. From this shoot I learned that chosing your environment or backdrop while taking pictures is very important as it can have an impact on the subject. Although the white backdrop does not look bad, it is a high key photo and it totally changes the look and feel of the photograph.

No comments:

Post a Comment